Do you ever wonder why so many stretching routines seem to come up short? Well, muscle is usually not the problem. In fact, restrictions in movement are commonly caused by stiff, immobile joints or connective tissues. Learn how to use body therapy tools along with patterns of muscular chain release to go beyond stretching. Explore anterior, posterior and lateral chains and get options for self-massage and attention from head to toe.
By Cheryl Soleway, PT
- Identify at least two muscles that are predictably shortened in the kyphotic-lordotic posture.
- List at least two muscles that are predictably shortened in the swayback posture.
- Discuss the #1 rule of fitness as presented in the workshop.
- Describe “stretching from the inside-out.”
- List at least four muscles/tissues/areas that require attention in the posterior chain.
- Define fascia.
- Identify the potential harm of using a stiff tool to attempt to mobilize a stiff joint.
|Baby Boomers-The Truth About Stretching! ||Module|